Sunday, January 16, 2005

What Shall Jamie Read? - Recommendations

Thanks to everybody who commented and recommended. So far there has not been a single recommendation I didn't like.

Anyway, since I figured there might be other blog readers out there searching for an inspiration on what to read next, I decided to post the results. Of course they can all be read in the comment box, but I think they need a special blog entry.

UV recommended:
The Rice Mother by Rani Manicka

Caitlin recommended a hell of a lot of books:
Born Confused by Tamuja Desai Hidier
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides

Cass recommended:
Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
Dr. Zhivago by Boris Pasternak

Fayza recommended:
Sally Hemings by Barbara Chase-Riboud
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire

DeAnn recommended:
The Dogs of Babel by Carolyn Parkhurst
The Giant's House by Elizabeth McCracken

FoFuSa recommended:
Fingersmith by Sarah Waters as well

srah recommended:
Anything by Christopher Brookmyre


What a set. I think I have enough recommendations for the next few months. As soon as I'm done I'll get back to you. It has proven to be really inspiring.