Friday, January 07, 2005

Move In, Stay, Pay The Rent. Is That So Hard?

So, the bitch-tenant moved out finally. We had a new tenant that we both felt good about, but obviously he's not as good as we thought. He still hasn't paid the rent for January nor has he sent us any of the documents we asked him to send.

I could now rant about the whole thing for a long time, telling you the whole story about how nothing worked and nothing turned out the way we wanted it to. But I won't. Because you really don't want to know. Believe me.

To make it short, Pi gave the new not-paying tenant the fax-number of my office, so he could send the documents via fax to get them here as soon as possible. Today I arrived at work and on my desk lies said document. NOT.
He just sent us his notice of cancellation. What the...?!?
Now we have to go through all the trouble of finding a new tenant again.

I mean, what was that guy thinking anyway? He just moved in there a week ago. If he knew he could never pay for it or whatever the problem is why not say it and spare us all this mess. And why lie to us for more than a week straight? What is going on with these people? What is wrong with them? Or do we just expect to much?

I mean: Move in, stay, pay the rent. Is that concept so strange? Because that's what we do. We moved in, we stayed and we pay the rent. Every month.

Jeez.


Current mood: This world is just screwing with my sanity right now. And I'm not liking it.
Listening to: Usual office noises.

1 comment:

Cecilia said...

Yikes! I sure have heard of horror Landlord stories-a-plenty, NOT the other way around (especially here in Belgium!).

In any case, good that you're finally getting a new one in! I don't know what goes in the minds of such lousy tenants. Have they no shame at all?!

You're having one of those bad days. Cheer up, it's already Friday. :) Keep your chin up. xoxox