Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Love and Marriage and How To Get There (Episode 2)

This would better be titled 'How Not To Get There', but I'm too optimistic for something like that. It's not that bad actually.

We just didn't go to the registry office last Thursday. We didn't go because the boyfriend wanted to come to Cologne and when we got back it was too late. Like all the public offices in Germany the registry office has opening hours that scream 'ridiculous' from the top of its lungs. So Thursday is the only day we have a chance of getting there or I would have to leave work early.

Since there are actually no real news here I am contemplating telling you the date I would want to be the wedding day. I don't know... is that too early, maybe? Should I wait and see how things turn out and tell you when we've actually decided on a date.
This much I can tell: It's my dead grandmother's birthday. I am lucky enough to have three living grandparents still. My grandmother died of cancer when she was 80 in 1995. She was a big part of my life, since we lived with my grandparents until I was 13 and so I spent a lot of time with them.

I just realized that this year it will be her tenth day of death(and it would have been her 90th birthday), so now I am convinced that we must marry on her birthday.

This Thursday, maybe?
Do you think...?


Current mood: Kind of excited. Yes, the thought of getting married gets me excited. That's me.
Listening to: One Moment More by Mindy Smith.