Sunday, January 09, 2005

Jamie Needs and Gets Her Love

Today we spent the day moving between the bed, the couch and the kitchen (but only to get food). It probably was one of the laziest days we had in a very long time, which wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a presentation for my finals to prepare. Up to now all I have is the agenda and I need a complete and working first draft by Tuesday. Which is in two days.
I've said it again on various occasions, but here I go again: I really need to get my priorities straight.

Pi, which might be referred to as the boyfriend from now on (but I haven't completely made up my mind), because I kind of came to grow on that expression, anyway... starting that sentence again, because obviously the first attempt didn't work out.
Okay, here we go...
Pi (or the boyfriend) stayed mostly in bed, reading the whole time. No, I'm not kidding! He spent this whole day reading. We just borrowed 'Der Schwarm' from my parents. It's supposed to be really good and has been on bestseller lists for weeks now. I even thought about buying it, but up to now it's only available in hardcover and we are not in the position to spend 25 Euro for a book at the moment.

So I needed to hug. Sometimes I do.

So I came to the bed, carefully put his book away and even more carefully told him that he will get his book back really soon. I then crawled under the blanket and got myself a really warm and loving hug, which I desperately needed.
It takes about 40 seconds, maybe a whole minute.
'Can I have my book back now?'

Now, honestly, I know I somehow managed to get the sweetest guy in the world. Just seeing him cuddled up between all the blankets made my heart melt several times.

Awwwwww.


Apart from that, I filled out my nominations for the 2005 bloggies award. I tried to include as many blogs as possible. If I forgot yours, I'm sincerely sorry, but I guess I'm off the hook anyway, since you are never going to find out whether I nominated you or not.

Did you nominate me? I'm screwing the subtlety here. Did you nominate ME? If you didn't, you still can.


I also managed to finally watch the latest episode of Veronica Mars and two episodes of Arrested Development. Both shows are so great. If you have the slightest interest in TV shows you should really try them out.

So, I'm going to make us dinner now. It's food from the freezer today, pizza for the boyfriend and pasta for the girlfriend (aka me).


I'll finish with three questions:

1) Why is the first season set of Carnivale (I don't care for the fancy acute accent) so damn expensive? I really want to order those DVDs, but 70 CAD at my beloved dvdsoon? No way.

2) Should I consider bringing 'The Weekly Freezer' back to life?

3) Can someone please tell me how trackbacking works. I tried to use it today on someone else's blog, but obviously I don't even get the concept.


Current mood: Look at me, the queen of procrastinating. And I can't bring myself to feel bad about it.
Listening to: Nothing.