Thursday, January 06, 2005

Just Do It, Girl!

The internship-student-whatever-guy just asked me to run a short Java-program on my laptop to see if it works. I don't know where he comes from, but it seems that his mother tongue his French, which absolutely has nothing to do with what I wanted to write about, but still, I thought I'd share that fact.

Anyways, just starting up my little Java editor and getting the program to run and him being all happy because it worked reminded me of the fact that I actually DO like to program. So, why the hell can't I get started and at least do something slightly useful. If not for the good of this company then at least for my own good.


Current mood: Can't really tell.
Listening to: The Top of the World by Juliana Theory (It just happens to be on my playlist.)

3 comments:

Cecilia said...

I'd say the same slogan from Nike: Just do it! I'm no computer techy savvy kind of girl but if it worked AND you actually enjoyed it, then go for it! I betcha your mood will be a whole lot better once you start going into it. All the best to ya!

Isn't Top of the World sung by The Carpenters, too?

caitlin said...

also, patty griffin has written an amazing top of the world song on her new album. i forget- are you a patty fan? if not, you should be!

Jamie said...

Cecilia: Oh, yes, I know. That's the whole trouble. I know it and still I can't pull myself together. And then I feel pathetic whining about my apathy. I think I need late new year's resolutions. Soon.

Caitlin: Nice to see you're back. No, actually, GREAT to see you're back.

As for 'Top of the World' I suppose it's a title used more than once. I just can't imagine The Carpenters And Patty Griffin AND Juliana Theory singing the same song. At least not the one I know.