Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I'm Not Happy With This

No, I didn't get my results yesterday.
And no, I won't get them today.
And yes, if nothing goes wrong I will have them tomorrow.

Obviously they can't just send out all the results in one big load and be done with it. They have to send them out in little packages, so apart from being among the last ones to know in the country, I will be the very last one to know.
See, I was pretty well aware that the responsible institution was obviously one of lamest of the country. All the other trainees all over the country already knew their results when we in Cologne didn't even know when we would know our results.
And now, not only are my results processed by the country's slowest IHK (the German chamber of industry and commerce) ever, but I am obviously last on their list.

The only good news is that I could prevent a disaster from happening. Yesterday I was wondering why I didn't have my results when some of the other trainees at my company did. The boyfriend thought that it might be because of the postman who doesn't seem to care to come and bring us mail but every other day. When I woke up this morning it hit me that the IHK still had my old address in Bonn, so if they had already sent my results I would never ever get them.
So I called them right this morning and though I was right and they still had my old address it also turned out that they haven't even sent my results yet.

So, on the one hand: Relief, since my results didn't go all return-to-sender.
On the other hand: Why am I last on your list, lady? What did I do that I get to know everything last? Huh?

I know, I'm not really fair, nor am I being rational here, but since 99% of all trainees nation-wide know their results, I would like to know mine, too.

Except... see post below.