Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Sick, Tired And A Little Bit Pissed

It seems I slept through half of the day. I only really got up until after 5 p.m.

Last night my temperature went up to 38° celsius, which isn't really worrisome but enough to call a little fever.

So I decided against being stupid and brave and for going to the doctor and calling in sick for the next two days. I won't risk being stuck with a stupid cold for the rest of my life just because I don't dare call in sick.

Had I known the jerks would let me wait in the waiting room for two straight fucking hours I might have decided to go to work instead. Bastards. And all that for a five minute inspection and the impressive conclusion that I have a cold. Yeah, I couldn't have figured that out all by my own, thank you very much.
And it may be the case that more than six people that came in after me got called out before because they had appointments and I did not, but honestly...? My throat hurts, my nose itches, I hardly slept at all last night and when I did I had strange unsettling dreams, I threw up yesterday and have hardly eaten anything since, so you know: I REALLY DON'T CARE.

At least I could read a lot of Fingersmith while I was waiting. See, I still manage to see a bright side. I'm not completely lost in ranting country.

I also made an appontment for an allergy testing in about a month. As I count oversharing as one my specialties, here's why. I have strange cough that comes and goes for about at least three years now. It feels like I have to throw up, but I don't and I know I don't. It just sounds very bad and the worse fits bring tears to my eyes. I can't pin it to a specific time of year or connect it to anything. I may not have it for weeks or even months and then it comes again, maybe a few times a day, maybe once a week or less. It's absolutely not predictable. But it's been there for more than three years, so I think it's time I have myself checked for allergies. So I will.

I'm good at oversharing, ain't I?