Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Recovering, But Slowly

Last night I dreamt that I was ill. My mom took my temperate and it was 41.3° Celsius. But I kept saying that I would go to work nevertheless because I couldn't possibly call in sick on my second day.
Yes, my fears of doing something stupid and being fired are haunting my dreams. It's not really that bad, in the sense that I have a reason to be afraid of being fired, it's more that I have never been in such a situation before. Such a situation meaning having a real job with real work and responsibility and people actually expecting you do well.

Then again today everything was fine and even better. I did NOT set the alarm off when I left yesterday and I got real work to do with actual responsibilities for what I do including talking to someone in Switzerland about what's to be done and, on a little side note, getting French emails forwarded to translate. It's so fucking great.

I actually do think that I caught a cold or something because I woke up with a sore throat and that's always an indicator that I have a cold. I hope it won't get so bad, so I can still go to work.

Wow, did I just say that?