Sunday, March 20, 2005

And The Flow Of Book Memes Never Ceases

Here's another one, brought to you (or me) by pearl...

You’re stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?
In that case, some book nobody knows of. I really wouldn't like to get burned.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Not exactly, although I really loved Henry in 'The Time-Traveler's Wife'. And I cared a lot for most of the characters in Anne Tyler's Tin Can Tree.

The last book you bought is:
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

The last book you read:
Eragon by Christopher Paolini

What are you currently reading?
Currently reading: Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton
On my nightstand and next in line: Jane Eyre, Born Confused by Tanuja Desai Hidier and Fingersmith by Sarah Waters

Five books you would take to a deserted island:
Nine Short Stories by J.D. Salinger.
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. I hope there are volumes contaiing all five books out there. That would count as one book, wouldn't it?
Winnie the Pooh by A. A. Milne because it's the sweetest book ever.
Poems by W. H. Auden (I'm usually not a big poems fan, but I love those.)
The Neverending Story by Michael Ende, because for some reason I have read it about ten times already and that means that I really like it.

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
To Caitlin, because she loves books and I think she would be thrilled to do it (at least I hope so...).
To Rory, because she writes so beautifully that I would love to know what she reads.
And to Blondelibrarian, because after all, she's a librarian.

Note: I will try to update to tomorrow and add links to all the books, but right now I really need to go to bed.