Sunday, February 20, 2005

Word of Advice, Take a Nap

I felt crappy and unhappy all day long. I woke up with cramps and stomach aches that wouldn't go away, but only for short time periods and just to come back again when I just got comfortable.

Then I couldn't bring myself to do anything useful, so I just managed to write a few emails in response to your comments and then retreat to the livingroom to watch 'Wonderfalls'. I also finished 'Wicked' today, so I need a new book soon. What's the next one on my list...?

Then I did the wisest thing I possibly could have done and took a nap on the couch. Only I didn't know it was wise back then, I thought it was mostly a stupid lazy thing because I didn't know what else I could do.

The boyfriend woke me up, because my aunt had called and wanted to talk to me. She asked me about my results of my exams and about that new job I am taking and invited us for dinner in a few weeks. That actually cheered me up a lot, so when I hung up the day didn't feel so crappy anymore. I also didn't feel so sick anymore, so as far as I can tell the nap really WAS refreshing and helpful. I'm actually ready to go out for dinner tonight, despite my working on a clever strategy to avoid it the whole day (until I took a nap).

So, I'm refreshed and relaxed and actually kind of happy now. I hope the feeling stays a little longer.

Now, excuse me while I go change. I'm just wearing a cardigan that I seem to love so much that I share my food with it. Constantly. As much as I love it, I surely can't be seen in public wearing it.