Sunday, February 13, 2005

The Others: Raising Beebs

I'm trying to make the Jamie-introduces-you-to thing a weekly feature, most likely to happen on Sunday.

Today I would like to send all of you to Melissa of Ordinary Morning.

I discovered Melissa's blog because of the BoB Awards. She was nominated for best overall blog and I was trying my best to vote and so saw it as my duty to at least take a look at each blog so I'd be able to vote with a good conscience.

I decided that I would not have any problems with conscience and karma or whatever there is if I would vote for Melissa. Also, she threatened her readers with going to hell, if they didn't vote for her. So I did. And kept reading her blog.

Melissa is a young single mom and has one of the cutest kids I have ever seen on a blog. Or in real life for that matter. But Melissa is also one of the funniest people I have ever seen on the web. The way she writes about her joys and troubles of raising her child alone nearly always makes me either giggle or laugh.

You can read for yourself here, here or here. Or, yeah, most any other entry she has written.

I would also like you to do as I did and write an entry for the scrapbook she makes for her son.

Unfortunately you can't leave any comments on her site, at least not that I know of. If there's a comment feature that I somehow didn't see, please tell me. But you can still send her an email to tell her that 'Jamie sent me because she thinks your blog is fucking awesome'.

Or I just realized that I could do that myself.

You still have to go there, though.