Friday, February 11, 2005

Music Meme Brought Here By Cecilia

Cecilia tagged me. I'm flattered because she chose me (or, as she would say, me-moi-me), so I won't let her wait too long to see what she got herself into.

1. Total amount of music files on your computer:
The folder I have nearly all my mp3 files in contains 1288 files. But I'm not sure if they are all music files and I'm also not sure if I have some files in some other folder. Let's just say: a lot.

2. The last CD you bought was:
Pink Martini 'Hang on Little Tomato', but that was a present for the boyfriend. The last CD I ordered at amazon was Jack Johnson 'Brushfire Fairytales'.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
'Stranded in a Limousine' by Paul Simon

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
First I would like to say that I don't usually attach specific memories to specific songs. There are usually just songs that I really really love and that makes them special to me. Nevertheless I will tell you those songs that have a story.

Have a Good Time by Paul Simon
My parents told me that when I was a toddler and couldn't even walk I would start laughing my baby-ass off at the end with the saxophone solo. I would laugh so hard that I would actually (and literally) fall over. I think it's a very cute story and I still love that song a lot.

The One That I've Been Waiting For, (Are You) by Nick Cave
The first song the boyfriend sent me. It was shortly after the Paris trip and he sent me that song as an email attachment. I think that and the title of the song says it all.

Everyday I Write The Book by Elvis Costello
If I ever need to choose a wedding song, that would be it. Some may think that the lyrics aren't really appropriate for the occasion, but I think they are perfect.

Smile by Katell Keineg
I just love that song. Nothing more, nothing less.

Little Star by Stina Nordenstam
See above. This is an amazing song and I am so happy that I found it.

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?
I am passing it to Willful Exposé, Rory and Brandon. There are several others I would like to pass it to, so anyone who feels like it, please do it nevertheless. I just got to pick three people is all.