Monday, February 14, 2005

The Music In My Kitchen (Part II)

So, pismire tagged me, too. Am I that interesting?

We agreed that I would only do the last-song-heard and three-people-to-pass-it-on since, as you may have guessed, answers to 1, 2 and 4 would be pretty much the same.
But then I discovered that Caitlin chose to do her music meme a little bit differently. For example she decided to add her five most favorite lyrics and that's what I'm gonna do, too, so you'll get a little bit more to read.

What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?
That's Just The Way It Is by Bruce Hornsby. It's in my Smallville Collected folder and I was listening to random songs from that folder at work.

The first 5 best lyrics that come into my head (this one Caitlin came up with)
1. 'You don't feel you could love me / But I feel you could' Paul Simon, Gumboots. I always thought that it was a perfect thing to say to someone who wasn't in love with you when you were with them.
2. 'I won't accept at this stage anything that isn't all I want' Katell Keineg, Hestia. Just very powerful words. I wait for the day when I can say them.
3. 'And that's when you knew the world can't be saved, only discovered.' Dar Williams, Arrival. I love the strange mixture of hope and surrender that lies in these words.
4. 'I can't believe I paid for this / There's nothing here I need' Stina Nordenstam, From Cayman Islands With Love. These words alone make the song one of the best. I don't even know what it is I love about them, I just do.
5. 'When I tell him I want to die / That January boy laughs and says / OK snow-queen / Here's a match / Why don't you try...' Michelle Lewis, January's Child. I love that record and pretty much every song on it, but January's Child is one of my very favorites and so are its lyrics.

Who are you going to pass this stick to (three persons) and why?
Okay, for this round I'm going to make it Sarcomical, Jennifer W.K. and srah. I'm always interested in other people's taste in music.