Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Others: Some Lifes Less Ordinary

Yes, I have flunked my Sunday's introduction several times. Go blame it on a new job, two colds and the coming close of a (actually my) wedding.

But since both of the following are so important to me I will make Wednesday a Sunday (or the other way round) and send you over right away to A Gag Reflex and 63 Days (or the other way round).

Since I'm pretty stressed out these last days I won't write too much. (Isn't just my recommendation reason enough to check out a blog? 'Cause I would think so.) Just so much:

In A Gag Reflex Cori tells the story of the memories of her wild mother and her present search for her real/biological father. It's very intriguing, creative and so beautifully written. Read her story and be amazed. As I was (and am).

63 Days is the story of Alli who as a teenager was sent away to a whatever-the-fuck-it-was-supposed-to-be program because her parents worried about her. The teenagers of the Challenger program were made to hike the wilderness to be better people. In Alli's words: I was 15 when I was kidnapped from my bed and taken to Challenger. 63 Days is the story-in-progress about my brutal experiences there, my subsequent escape and the aftermath.

Once again I would like to say how amazing it is to read the not-so-ordinary stories of (in the best sense) ordinary people. It makes you wonder if your story is after all extraordinary enough to put it out there. Maybe it is.