Friday, April 15, 2005

How Did That Happen??? (Music In My Kitchen II)

Somehow my current kitchen CD collection (i.e. the CDs spread around on our kitchen table so I can hear them while cleaning the dishes) contains not a single english* record. This is also incredibly weird as I would guess 95% of my CDs are english.

So what do I have there? I feel the need to tell you because it shows that I'm oh-so-interested and also because all three CDs are so great I would like you to know they actually do exist.

First I have Ritsuko Okazaki's 'Song for...'. I bought it because she sang both the intro and outro theme songs for the anime series 'Fruits Basket' and I love the songs on this CD. I also like Japanese a lot. What amazes me about the language is that it is so soft when sung.

Then I have Coralie Clément's 'Bye Bye Beauté' which is also a great CD. Her first album was very French with her singing sweetly to bossa rhythms. This one is a lot more pop and rock which is a little strange at first combined with her voice but works really fine for me. Try it, please.

Then, and this may be the strangest thing, there's 'Von hier an blind' by 'Wir sind Helden'. I'm usually very sceptical when it comes to German music. Maybe the bad thing is indeed that I actually have no choice but understand the lyrics and that can ruin a lot of songs for me. But I love this CD. And especially those of you who are interested in German music (and I think there are at least two or three of you) should really check them out. If you have trouble getting hold of their music ask me. I might be able to slip you a CD. Somehow.

*By 'english' I mean that the artists sings in english. It's not a geographical thing at all. I'm only talking about the language.