Thursday, April 14, 2005

Aftermath

I'm so excited. Michele sent her readers to my (of all) sites today, so I feel like I am super-special and hence shoudl write a super-special blog entry.
Only I'm still recovering from last Monday and my brain feels pretty empty.

It's strange getting used to a new name. I've lived with the old one for 24 years and although I never really liked it's very strange to see my new name and think 'Well that'll be my name from now on.' Half of the time I answer the phone with my old name and sometimes I just say 'Hello' because answering with my new name sounds strange and using the old one sounds like I already regret my decision to get rid of it.

Now that's one thing.

The other thing is referring to the person who has been your boyfriend for the last five years as 'my husband'. Now, how totally weird is that? I can't say neither one nor the other without feeling funny about it. I should only talk to people who know his name, because then I can avoid both terms.

Now, here's the question for all you already-weds... Was it the same for you? Does it always feel so strange a few days after your wedding just getting used to words or names? And if so, how long does it take until it wears off and you get used to it?

And here's another question for you all... We might go on a late honeymoon in September (or October)? Do you have any suggestions where we should go? Remember that we live in Germany, although that might not matter after all... I just read an article about Scilly Islands some weeks ago, but I don't know if that's an option. Although I want to go there somewhen, because it looks beautiful. And it's not even that far from here.

So thanks again, Michele, for choosing me (of all people) for your comment game. And thanks to all of you for coming and leaving a comment. I will try to answer them all, but it might take this newlywed some time.