Saturday, November 06, 2004

Bitching Around

Okay, so the top three news on tonight's RTL news are:

1) The national holiday won't be moved from 3 October to the first Sunday in October, because... something.
2) The police is searching for eight year old Felix in Lower Saxony in what they said is one of the biggest search operation since the Second World War (yes, they actually said that).
3) Obviously, the Germans spend more money on DVDs than they do on tickets for the movie theaters.

Okay now, these are our problems??? Well, the second one I would actually consider sad news. A kid is missing and that's never, never good.
But this national holiday thing? And DVD vs. the movies? Oh, come one... PLEASE! Isn't Arafat dying? Isn't there a war in Iraq and supposedly umpteen other regions of our world? Aren't there more than 4 million people without a job in this country? Just saying.
I mean, RTL isn't the broadcasting station with the greatest reputation for, you know, good television, but its news are usually very good, but this...? I don't think so.

Anyways, about the DVD vs. the movies: I admit I haven't been to the movies since (oh god, this is gonna be awkward and embarrassing) Van Helsing. Yes, I have seen Van Helsing. Yes, I actually went to the movies, bought a ticket and saw Van Helsing. Voluntarily. And I enjoyed it. Van Helsing. Yes. YES, that crap movie with Hugh Jackman and Kate Beckinsale and the vampires and those other things. Of course it's crap. You are supposed to not think watching it. Didn't you know?
Where was I?
So let's say I haven't been to the movies in quite a while. And you know why? Because I can't stand those dubbed versions anymore. And the chances of a good German movie are so f***ing rare that I usually miss when one is playing. That's why. I want originals.
Oh and by the way, if any DVD-shop is reading this: You should really think about your price strategy. I still think it's strange that I can get all my DVDs cheaper when I order them in CANADA than here. (And, for the most part, sooner as well.)
So, okay, I don't really contribute to the economical well-being of this country. I don't go the movies and I order more than half of my stuff from Canada and the U.S.A.
I guess, I'm done here.

And the national holiday thing? I really don't want to bitch about that right now. Let me just say this (and this goes to our politicians, especially the ones with nothing better to do): I know that this isn't a holiday with great celebrations going on there, so for that matter, you might as well kill it, but moving a national holiday to a flexible date is just wrong. I am willing to work on a holiday, so take whatever holiday you want and make it a normal workday, but that idea you had? Was bullshit.

Obviously I only have to say something about the unimportant stuff. But then again I guess there isn't much to say about a kid missing. Only that this is just so much more important than that unimportant stuff.

Current mood: I came, I say, I bitched. I'm all okay.
Listening to: The news from the living room and Pi playing the piano.

No comments: