Monday, May 09, 2005

Throwing Money Out The Window (Not Literally And Not Really)

What made me order FIVE books today? Five! As in.. you know, FIVE!

On the other side I can only read so fast, so it just means that I might not need to order books any time soon (meaning: the next three or four weeks).

Just so you can share my anticipation of the next amazon packages to come, here's what I ordered today (in one of the moments when I definitely wasn't thinking clearly):

Father Frank by Paul Burke (because we saw it in a bookshop and the synapsis on the back sounded just great)
Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton (because volume 11 of the series is on my reasing list and somehow I have to read all the other books before)
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore
Saul and Patsy by Charles Baxter
Pompeii by Robert Harris
The last three are all on my reading list.

At the moment I'm still reading 'Oryx and Crake' by Margaret Atwood. It's very strange and somehow frightening. I can't believe I haven't read anything written by her before (anything mostly referring to 'A Handmaid's Tale'). It's never too late, though.