Saturday, May 07, 2005

Thinking About Moving

I have been thinking about moving my blog every now and then during the past few months. The most important reason why I would want to move is that I'd like to work with a system that's more flexible than blogger. I also would like to be able to include categories for my posts and a few things more I can't do with blogger.

I now might be close to actually 'doing' it. Since I have to get a little more into designing with CSS for work anyway I thought that it might also be the time to play around with my blog and make it just as fantastic (at least concerning the design) as all the other blogs I see out there.

So, does anyone have any advice for me about where to move (I'm flirting with WordPress right now) and how to do it right? I don't want to lose any of my posts and I would also hate to lose my comments (I'd rather retype then by hand), yeah, that's the scary part of moving my blog. Plainly spoken: I'd hate to fuck it up.
Any advice is welcomed here.

Also, I am going to register a new domain for that matter. I haven't thought about a name yet, so if you have a creative burst and know just the right name for my blog, feel free to tell me.

I'd love to hear your ideas!