Monday, December 06, 2004

Ready to Go!

I'm at work but ready to leave. Got here a little bit late today, since Pi has a three-day English course in Cologne this week and we took the train together. Anyway, I didn't get much done today, but made some efforts in maintaining social contacts here. Meaning: I met Kerstin at the coffee bar and she asked how my exams went and we talked a little. Later I went up to the floor she works and we talked some more about my exams and how we both think that Fachinformatiker (what I do) are in no way less trained than MaTAs (what she did), only they are, but that's not a result of the traning itself, but the way the training is organized in this very company. Nobody pays any attention to us, while all the MaTAs get everything to prepare them for their job. Do I sound bitter? Yeah, well, I am. That's the bitterness that I grew during the last 2 1/2 years and I don't plan to let it go.
She also told me I should go talk to a project manager I worked for for some time and see if she can help me get a job here for at least some time. So I went up the floor where she works, but it seemed that she was busy so I left without being noticed. I plan to go back up there, both to see Kerstin and the maybe-helpful-project-manager, this week.

Not much more happening here and I'm not very motivated right now. Pi has his English course three days this week and then another one the whole next week, which is kind of nice, because I have the week off next week, so I have a lot of me-time. I realize that it sounds a little bit cruel to be happy to be alone when you chose to live with someone. It's not like that! Definitely not! It's just that back when I was 16 and older I was so independent and I used to do everything alone. There was a time when I went to the movies at least once a week, most of the times alone. Back then I always imagined myself living alone in my twenties and it turned out really different, so it's like with that week off and the mornings and early afternoons all to myself I get a little bit of pure me-time and I can do all the stupid things I want to do without anybody judging me for it. It's just a week anyway.

I still owe you my story about my personal Murphy's Law experience. That will come soon. Anyway, the morning of my exams my mother told me she thinks about paying for a little vacation for Pi and me. She was thinking about something like the Canaries, but I told her that I'm not the beach-relax-type. If I would choose where to go for the first vacation I have had in years it would be some interesting city. The three top choices right now are: Lissabon, Barcelona and Helsinki (don't ask, I have my reasons for every one). I'm not really interested in Italy (I've been there twice and I don't feel the urgent need to go there very soon again), I have been in Paris and London, so I'd like to see something new.
Hey, Reykjavik would be cool (no pun intended).

Current mood: I'm gone here soon. And the prospect of three weeks off very soon makes me incredibly happy.
Listening to: Afterglow by Vanessa Carlton (I'm getting a little bit obssessive, don't you think?)

No comments: