Saturday, December 04, 2004

Going to Cologne

We're going to Cologne in twenty minutes. This is not particularly a great event since I go to Cologne every workday, but still. We're going shoppin' and I'm with my man. Now that's something.
We thought about going to Wuppertal, but it's more expensive and we don't really know our way around in Wuppertal, so I suggested going there when I'm on vacation. As far as I remember Wuppertal is a beautiful interesting town and I would like to not feel any time pressure when I'm there.
The strange thing is that Wuppertal is only 20 minutes away by train and we never go there, although it's worth it. It's like when I lived in Bonn and I lived about 15 minutes away (by foot)from the museums and I never went there, except when there were museum visits scheduled for one of my art history classes and that one time when my parents and my aunt and uncle came to visit me and we went to the 'Haus der Geschichte' (house of history). It was really really interesting and yet I could never get myself to visit any of the museums just by myself. I think the closer you live to something, the more you promise yourself to go there and the less the chance to ever do it.

By the way, we're going to Darmstadt next weekend to see Anke and her boyfriend. I first was a little bit grumpy when Pi told me he got the tickets because right now I need weekends with no plans more than anything, but then I remembered that my vacation starts on December 13th, so I really don't care about a weekend full of plans now, because I have full three weeks with no plans after that. I'm looking forward to it now.

Okay, we have to leave now. We are invited for two birthdays tonight and I would rather stay at home after all. Don't know that we are going to do. I kind of promised my Dad we would at least show up today be it just for an hour in the late afternoon. I'm hoping to see Judith then, but I don't know if she's coming and when, so I might not see her there after all.
That other birthday party I told you about I would love to go to, but not today. Please. I don't know if we're going although I think we should and it might be a lot of fun. We'll see.

Current mood: Happy, but not too happy to have to go out in the cold and misty. Yeah, misty.
Listening to: San Francisco by Vanessa Carlton (Again. I told you, I really like that song.)

No comments: